hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: on HBase 1.0
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:52:46 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> It's possible a release of 0.20.20X (X=5 I think) as Hadoop 1.0 is imminent.
>
> The Hadoop 1.0 release is an acknowledgement of reality -- 0.20 branch is in production
at many places.

> I know we agreed to separate HBase versioning from Hadoop versioning, butĀ if we continue
to number HBase as 0.X after there is a Hadoop 1.0, there is an implicit marketing message
that we feel HBase is not as ready as Hadoop.

> I propose that we consider, if and when Hadoop 1.0 is released, that we release HBase
1.0 off of the 0.92 branch. A subsequent release off of trunk could be 1.1 or 2.0 at the discretion
of the RM and community consensus.

Agreed.  Was thinking 0.94 could e be 1.0.0 since its getting a load
of 0.89-fb branch forward-ports.   Would have to come out right after
0.92 though.

St.Ack