hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to debug/run HBase in eclipse
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:16:21 GMT
I've found that if you remove 'src/test/resources' from your build path,
things will work out better for the server testing cases.  The "testing
mode" settings live in the hbase-site.xml file in that dir.

You can do this by right clicking on the package in package explorer, Build
Path, remove from build path.

The eclipse setup generated with 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' has a build path
that has hbase setup in a "unit testing mode".  This is great if you want
to run unit tests inside of eclipse but not good if you want to get the
actual hbase servers (master, regionserver, external utils like bulk load,
hfile, etc)  running and debuggable.

Jon

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)