hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Query on analyze big data with Hbase
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 04:39:17 GMT
Hi all,

I have a scenario in which my Hbase tables will be fed with data size more than 250GB every
day. I have to do analysis on that data using MR jobs and save the output in Hbase table itself.

1.      My concern is will Hbase be able to handle such data as it is built to handle big
data?

2.      What hardware /hbase configuration points I must keep in mind to create a cluster
for such requirement.?

a.      How many region server?

b.      How many regions per region server ?

3.      My schema is such that in one table with one cf , there will be millions of column
qualifier. What can be the consequences of such design.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Stuti Awasthi
HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd