hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: RE: Hbase Multiple Master issue
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 07:29:02 GMT
Hi Sriram,
 I am using Hbase 0.90.3 and I also tested Multiple master issue. It worked fine for my cluster.
Once new Master is up, after sometime region server start communicating with new Master.
Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: V.Sriram [mailto:sriram.v@ask.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:54 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: Hbase Multiple Master issue

I saw the release notes of Hbase 0.90.2, 0.90.3 and 0.90.4. This issue doesn't seem to be
mentioned there. Also since our team want continue with
0.90.0 itself for some more time, I am not currently upgrading to newer versions.

Today saw the Zk_dump to verify if the new master is currently reflected in Zookeeper. It
is correctly reflected. But even then the region servers don't communicate with the new master.

I think region servers would ideally communicate with zookeeper and get the new master node
and then communicate with it. But thats not happenning!!!
Any suggestions plz !!