hbase-user mailing list archives

From Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de>
Subject HBase Stack
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 06:54:54 GMT
Hello list,

I was asked whether it is a good idea to replace the M in LAMP with
Hbase as well as the P with Java-Servlet (i.e. Tomcat) so that you run
your webserver, your hbase-instance, hadoop etc. on the same machine.

Are the differences compared to a LAMP-Stack in terms of performance large?

It is clear that a lot of benefits like redundancy etc. are not
available in this setup. However if the idea and userbase grows you can
quickly add these features to the environment by just setting up new
machines and connect them with eachother.

When I was asked about this I had no answer.
Hopefully you can bring light into this!

Kind regards,
Em