hbase-user mailing list archives

From "xtliwen" <xtli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: save video with hbase
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 01:09:19 GMT

I would like to save the data using hbase.The hbase is designed for small data,such as log.Maybe
the video is too large for a
row,so I am worried about the performance of the hbase in storing the video data.

2011-11-01

xtliwen

发件人: Jean-Daniel Cryans
发送时间: 2011-11-01  08:07:02
收件人: user
抄送:
主题: Re: save video with hbase

Why would you use HBase for that?
Regarding your two questions:
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:17 PM, xtliwen <xtliwen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> When the client visit the video of a website through my website, it will be transcoded
with our video codec server.As the time goes on,the quantities of the videos is quite large.
Usuallly, a video can be tanscoded to serveral levels,so a original video is corresponding
to multi transcoded videos . Now,we plan to record the video files with hbase. There are two
problems with the hbase:
> 1 the video file is too large (100M avg.)
Why do you say that? The client side limit by default is -1
(disabled), and if there's any other limit they are just set
arbitrarily.
> 2 we require the transcoded video must can be read while it was been writing
That sounds like an application-level problem, not HBase.