hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gaojinchao <gaojinc...@huawei.com>
Subject Re: A requirement to change time of the Hbase cluster.
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:14:38 GMT
Perhaps we should. add a choice of supporting incremental meta-data. All the timestamp is incremental,
These data do not rely on the system time.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Gaojinchao [mailto:gaojinchao@huawei.com]
发送时间: 2011年10月25日 12:33
收件人: user@hbase.apache.org
主题: A requirement to change time of the Hbase cluster.

Hi all,
We have a requirement to change time of the Hbase cluster.
The scene is the cluster changes the ntp server(my customer may do this),
We are ready to do this:
1. stop the cluster
2. change the ntp server
3. start the cluster.
But the cluster may move to one ntp server which system is slower.
we find the meta data can't update becuase newly added record is covered by old record and
the cluster don't run normal.
I have a way to deal with this situation. before we update the meta data ,we can get it firstly
and then compare the timestamp with the system time.
if system time is lower than timestamp, updating metadata can use as timestamp +1.