hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gaojinchao <gaojinc...@huawei.com>
Subject A requirement to change time of the Hbase cluster.
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 04:33:27 GMT
Hi all,
We have a requirement to change time of the Hbase cluster.
The scene is the cluster changes the ntp server(my customer may do this),
We are ready to do this:
1. stop the cluster
2. change the ntp server
3. start the cluster.
But the cluster may move to one ntp server which system is slower.
we find the meta data can't update becuase newly added record is covered by old record and
the cluster don't run normal.
I have a way to deal with this situation. before we update the meta data ,we can get it firstly
and then compare the timestamp with the system time.
if system time is lower than timestamp, updating metadata can use as timestamp +1.