hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rita <rmorgan...@gmail.com>
Subject querying questions
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:30:40 GMT
Hello All,

I will be querying a lot of time series data  and I have been studying
opentsdb.  Currently my data looks like this,

server#timestamp (epoch)#event id#username

Couple of questions:
What is the best delimiter for a key? Does it even matter? I read somewhere
that using a \t is optimal for a reason.

For these types of queries I have been using filters particularly,
RegexStringComparator
(w/start&stop) and things seem to work to an extent. I was wondering is this
the correct way to query or is there a more optimal way?

I also couldnt find any examples using filters for timeseries data, is there
a place I should be looking at?