hbase-user mailing list archives

From Xian Woo <infinity0...@gmail.com>
Subject questions about multiple masters
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 06:59:50 GMT
Hello, everyone, I've got a question here and I really need your advice.

Background: The Hadoop version is CDH3u1. I've got 8 nodes on my cluster,
one as namenode/jobtracker/master, the others
asdatanode/jtasktracker/regionserver.  I've backed up the namenode by
creating a directory via NFS.

I'm wondering whether I should back up the hbase master or not. Is there any
possibility of data loss if I don't back up the hbase master?

Also, if I back up the hbase master and hope that the backup hbase master
continues to work when the real master not working, should I separate the
hbase master from the hadoop namenode? Here is my
concern: As you know, when the master of the cluster went down, the cluster
would crash(since the  namenode is on the master node). And I suppose the
backup master would  not get to work until the hadoop cluster back to
normal.

I would really appreciate it if you could comment on my question here. Thank
you, guys.

Best wishes,

Xian Wu