hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jigneshmpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Couple of interesting observations for Hbase 0.90.4.
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 02:39:38 GMT
1. Whenever my computer goes to sleep mode(Mac lion OS X) it stops
HMaster.However all map reduce related not remain active.

739 JobTracker
585 DataNode
675 SecondaryNameNode
496 NameNode
5991 Jps
826 TaskTracker

Is this expected behaviour?

2. Even HMaster is not running when I tried to check the status - instead of
giving appropriate error it gives

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able
to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be
a sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default).
Consider inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure
you are reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc
for more information.

-Jignesh