hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jigneshmpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JBoss 7 with Thrift or Avro
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:24:25 GMT
If I use Java there will be 1-1 mapping between 1 JVM to 1 region server.

While I am not sure, I thought(presume) using thrift gateway it will able to
transfer request randomly to cluster of region server. So say I have 1 JVM
but can able to talk to 3 region servers?

Moreover I thought having thrift server will improve performance compared to
java directly talking to HBase.

-Jignesh