hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: data mining
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:49:02 GMT
That's a 250$/hr type of question, I don't think you'll get much help
here unless you have some more specific questions or someone feels
_really_ generous of their time.

My free tip is going to be that you should first do a POC that will
lay down the basis for your project. Putting tables into the HBase
model can be easy and hard, it really depend on what they look like.
If you don't have relations and multiple keys, it's as easy as putting
all columns for a table into a single column family where the
qualifier is the name of the SQL column. Then there's the question of
whether you just need to do a one-time insert or you need both DBs to
be in sync for some time as that's gonna require a lot more brain
juice!

Good luck,

J-D