hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backing-up HBASE
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 17:37:49 GMT
I saw one broken link (the Mozilla backup tool), but the rest works
and the explanations are there.

Currently there's not a single perfect way that's fast yet secure to
use, so it would be very difficult to know which one to recommend
without first knowing which tradeoffs you're willing to make.

Just to give you an example, at StumbleUpon we backup HBase in two ways:

 - HBase replication to a different cluster in another data center. It
used to be unstable but it's got a whole lot better.
 - Hourly distcp (using -update and -delete). It's super dirty, but as
a last resort it can save your life.

J-D