hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dejan Menges <dejan.men...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase version mismatch
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:31:27 GMT
Hi,

I have pretty interesting problem.

We've had application which was running on Tomcat while we were using HBase
0.20.3 and before we decided to migrate to HBase 0.90.4

As we migrated successfully, I started getting strange error trying to run
this application:

Error during initalization of HTablePool - NativeException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old
version of HBase (null), this version is 0.90.4:
 org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HBaseConfiguration.java:66:in
`checkDefaultsVersion'
org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HBaseConfiguration.java:89:in `addHbaseResources'

This machine don't have any version of HBase or Hadoop (locally) and it's
configuration only points to remote Zookeeper, which successfully does it's
job, as other application uses new version without any problem.

I'm trying to figure out how/where client is finding hbase-default.xml and
how it's checking it's version, as we don't have that file at all, as a
recommendation to upgrade to new HBase. Does it means that we actually need
this file in $HBASE_HOME/conf for client to be able to figure out which
version we are using?

I'm also checking HBase code for this implementation, and (maybe it's
because it's late) I'm not able to figure out what's happening.

Regards,
Dejan