hbase-user mailing list archives

From BlueDavy Lin <blued...@gmail.com>
Subject Split bug will cause data loss or cann't read & write
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 02:07:07 GMT
hi!

     Replay the problem is very easy,I  added comment to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3872.
     We change code like below to fix the fatal bug:
     if (!testing) {
          this.journal.add(JournalEntry.PONR);
          MetaEditor.offlineParentInMeta(server.getCatalogTracker(),this.parent.getRegionInfo(),
a.getRegionInfo(), b.getRegionInfo());
     }

     Another bug in current split code will cause the region cann't
read & write,If List<StoreFile> hstoreFilesToSplit =
this.parent.close(false); throw IOException,Split rollback,but it will
not open store file,so client cann't read & write the region,We use
below method to fix the problem:
      List<StoreFile> hstoreFilesToSplit = null;
     try{
          hstoreFilesToSplit = this.parent.close(false);
     }
     catch(IOException e){
          this.journal.add(JournalEntry.CLOSED_PARENT_REGION);
          throw e;
     }

--
|     BlueDavy                                      |