hbase-user mailing list archives

From 吕鹏 <lvpengd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two kinds of hbase client exceptions
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 03:35:38 GMT
Thank you very much for you help.

Before i build the hbase cluster, i've already had a cdh3u0 hadoop, so the
u0 hbase is preferred.

I have lookup the master's log, when the client exception is occurred, the
rs is sending msg to master for splitting, such as
INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager: Received REGION_SPLIT

In my hbase schema, the rowkey is like "company name + person name". I can
not estimate how many companys there are and how many persons in each
company. So it difficult to presplit, but it is easy to scan all the person
in one company.
If i do not presplit, how can i solve client exceptions. Retry several
times if client exception is catched? And how many times are advisable? How
can i solve the exception friendly?