hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sam Seigal <selek...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: memory requirements for daemons
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:58:01 GMT
Sorry, I meant *TaskTracker. The main purpose of the HBase cluster it
to run Map-Reduce jobs. The random read load is fairly low. Currently,
I have allocates 5 G to the Region Server, and 500 MB to Task Tracker
and 500 MB to DataNode.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> You mean DataNode, _TaskTracker_ and RegionServer I assume.
>
> DN and TT should not need more than 1G each - even that is excessive. You want much of
your resources free for actual work (map/reduce tasks if you are running Hadoop MR).