hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: A requirement to change time of the Hbase cluster.
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:54:52 GMT
Maybe I'm missing something...

The purpose of using an ntp server is that your machines all have the same time. Also you
would sync your ntp server clock to one of the global ntp servers so that you have an accurate
clock for your network...

You shouldn't have to restart your cluster unless your clocks are all way off...

Mike Segel

On Oct 25, 2011, at 5:14 AM, Gaojinchao <gaojinchao@huawei.com> wrote:

> Perhaps we should. add a choice of supporting incremental meta-data. All the timestamp
is incremental, These data do not rely on the system time.

and the cluster don't run normal.
> I have a way to deal with this situation. before we update the meta data ,we can get
it firstly and then compare the timestamp with the system time.