hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Hendrey" <ghend...@decarta.com>
Subject Re: PENDING_CLOSE for too long
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 21:35:34 GMT
Sure. I posted the code many weeks back for a tool that will repair holes in .mETA.

If you do a check on the list, you should find it. I'll send you the latest code for that.
Maybe I made some fixes after I posted the code. Please ping me if I forget. I've used it
to repair huge tables  (and fixed subtle bugs in the process) so I'm confident it works.

No matter what anyone tells me, I know hbase is horribly broken for the use case of doing
bulk writes from an mr job. It shits the bed every time you pass a certain scale. For this
reason we've completely rewritten our code so that we use bulkloading. It's way more efficient
and always work.

Please ping me until I send you the code. Otherwise I will forget.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2011, at 1:39 PM, "Stuart Smith" <stu24mail@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Geoff,
>
>   I usually don't show up here, since I use CDH, and good form means I should stay on
CDH-users,
> But!
>   I've been seeing the same issues for months:
>
>  - PENDING_CLOSE too long, master tries to reassign - I see an continuous stream of these.
>  - WrongRegionExceptions due to overlapping regions & holes in the regions.
>
> I just spent all day yesterday cribbing off of St.Ack's check_meta.rb script to write
a java program to fix up overlaps & holes in an offline fashion (hbase down, directly
on hdfs), and will start testing next week (cross my fingers!).