hbase-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Iancu <daniel.ia...@1and1.ro>
Subject Re: Lease does not exist exceptions
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:17:06 GMT
I would also suggest to document that to increase the
hbase.regionserver.leases.period you must increase the hbase.rpc.timeout
to a value equal or greater or else the client holding a valid lease
will lose it cause its RPC call timeout-ed ? At lease that seem to be
the problem in our case, we went for a lease period of 3 mins to allow
slow responding scans to finish but the RPC connection timeouted after 1
minute (the default value)a and hence that error.

Daniel

--
Daniel Iancu
Java Developer,Web Components Romania