hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Whiting <je...@qualtrics.com>
Subject WAN HBase Replication
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 20:19:54 GMT
We have 2 data centers (lets call them A and B), one on the west coast and another on the east
coast
of the US.  We would like to replicated data between them using HBase replication.  However
it looks
like each region server in A has to be able to talk to each region server in B as well as
have ZK
access in both data centers.  For obvious reasons our HBase and ZK clusters are behind firewalls
and
do not have any public ip addresses.

Is there a way setup replication in this case?  Is replication designed to work over a WAN
or is it
for LAN only?  Can some kind of gateway machine be used to relay requests between the clusters?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

~Jeff

--
Jeff Whiting