hbase-user mailing list archives

From danoomistmatiste <kkhambadk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: null
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 00:12:52 GMT

Hello Akash,  I managed to fix the issue.   The DataNode wasn't up.   I
switched to cdh3u1 version of Hadoop, HBase and Hive and was trying out the
Hive to HBase link.    The message is totally misleading I believe.   Since
there were remnants of the old directories in the dfs namespace,  I had to
clean them out after which the DataNode started and now everything is
working fine.

    --Krish.