hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jimson K. James" <jimson.ja...@nestgroup.net>
Subject RE: Hbase M-R exception
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:37:45 GMT
Hi Arun,

Thankyou for the reply,

So, what a in a real world case the mapred.local.dir be, other than
/tmp?
Also is there any idea how /tmp causes this exception?

-----Original Message-----
From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:acm@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 12:57 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hbase M-R exception

I'd start by setting mapred.local.dir to be not on /tmp (the default).

Arun

On Sep 12, 2011, at 12:22 AM, Jimson K. James wrote:

> Hi
>

> While running in the midst of my map-red testing an exception keeps
> coming over and over,
>
> 11/09/12 12:30:26 INFO mapred.JobClient: Cleaning up the staging area

file:/tmp/hadoop-root/mapred/staging/root1968410842/.staging/job_local_0
> 015
>
> Exception in thread "33" java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: chmod: cannot access
> `/tmp/hadoop-root/mapred/local/localRunner/job_local_0015.xml': No
such
> file or directory
>

> Any idea?
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Jimson K James
>

> "The Quieter You Become The More You Are Able To Hear."
>

> ***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****
>
> This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use
or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the
responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious
code exempt.
> The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized
alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any
form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender.
The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the
content of this message.