hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mayuresh <mayuresh.kshirsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Percentile calculation using HBase Coprocessors
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:14:41 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to find out an algorithm which could fit the coprocessor
architecture to find out pth-percentiles value from the values
distributed among the hbase regions. Has anyone worked on something
like this and can point me to some algos which can do this?

So the idea is that each coprocessor will do certain calculations and
send back to the client and then client can make final touches to find
the pth percentile element. Estimation/Approximation algos will work
for me too. I tried to find algos, but didnt' find anything which
would easily fit distributed values like in hbase.

If anyone has worked on something like this before, then it would help me!

Thanks and Regards,
Mayuresh