hbase-user mailing list archives

From sagar naik <sn...@attributor.com>
Subject Counter columns in hbase
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:07:26 GMT
Hi ,

We are counting events for our application.
Sometimes, the same event arrives multiple times.
This leads to counting of same event multiple times.
Is there a way I can avoid this ?
(Say timestamp on value or filters ?)

We also want to do a bulk upload on counters.
MR generating the aggregation of counts and generating a hfile to be
uploaded
- Can we  increment the counter values using bulk upload ? My take is we can
not (unless we get the current value first)
- Let us say, if we can, can it co-exists with real time increments and
batch generated hfiles

Thanks in advance

-Sagar