hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tom Goren <...@tomgoren.com>
Subject In case this helps someone - migrating hbase cluster across major versions
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:09:25 GMT
Following a lot of research, and some great input from J-D, I figured my
recent endeavors might prove useful for the rest of the list.

http://tech.tomgoren.com/archives/284

Basically it's hbase export -> hdfs -> distcp via hftp to new cluster ->
hbase import.

Any it can be divided by row time stamps if you are so inclined.

Would love your input, we are currently in the process of migrating a fairly
large cluster with this, and it's working out not bad at all.

Thanks,

Tom