hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dhaval Makawana <dhaval.makaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase bulk insert.
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 05:41:35 GMT
Hi Sriram,

You can use bulk upload utility to insert massive data in HBase.
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hbase/bulk-loads.html

There is an alternative I use in my application where I had to insert large
amount of data from map-reduce job. I use async hbase client(
https://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase) instead of HTable(which I suppose
TableMapReduceUtil will internally be using) and found async client quite
faster.

Regards,
Dhaval