hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: REcovering from SocketTimeout during scan in 90.3
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:08:49 GMT
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Douglas Campbell <deegs_ca@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The min/max keys are for each region right? Are they pretty big?
>
> doug : Typically around 100 keys and each key is 24bytes

Sorry, I meant to ask how big the regions were, not the rows.

> Are you sharing scanners between multiple threads?
>
> doug: no - but each Result from the scan is passed to a thread to merge with input and
write back.

Yeah, this really isn't what I'm reading tho... Would it be possible
to see a full stack trace that contains those BLOCKED threads? (please
put it in a pastebin)

The other thing I was thinking, did you already implement the re-init
of the scanner? If so, what's the code like?

Thx,

J-D