hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: scanner deadlock?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:43:05 GMT
Yeah like Stack said, the ClosedChannelException is how we figure the
client is gone. As you have a 60s timeout on the RPC call the client
_will_ go away (and possibly come right back in through another
handler) when a call takes longer than that. One of my theories was
that in your case if a region server slowed down it would start piling
up calls in the queues, some of them would timeout, so the client
would come right back with the same request, making the whole
situation worse.

When you did set the config that I told you about, you still got the
CCEs? Meaning that the calls were still slow? If so, then the issue is
elsewhere and this proves it.

Like Stack, I think we'll have to be fed more data about your system :)

J-D