hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase behind a recommendation system
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:02:36 GMT
I think it really depends on how "small" the e-commerce website is and
what "scale" you think you'll reach. Do you really need to learn about
a new DB or would MySQL fit your needs for some time? As much as I
like pushing HBase as a solution, I've witnessed enough people trying
to learn it while building their product because they thought they
needed the scale, whereas that time could have been better spent on
the product itself.

My free advice would be to just design your system in a way that you
can easily swap-in any non-relational DB.

J-D