hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Issues in Scheduling CopyTable from java.
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:28:54 GMT
I wouldn't bother with a daemon process. It's more to monitor. I'd
recommend cron or oozie if you want to change the host the code runs
on.

-Joey

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> I can cron it but I wanted to do something similar as we run other Hadoop daemons as
Namenode, datanode etc. Wondering if we can get this working programmatically.
> Any suggestions
>
> Thanks

using CopyTable utility. I created a thread which will get timestamp range required and call
CopyTable.main(arg). Then I keep this thread on sleep for 10 mins. I wanted this to be executed
after every 10 mins but actually after calling CopyTable first time, it executed MR job and
then exit. The process is not going back to the calling thread and wait for 10 mins and then
again execute CopyTable.

>> Code Structure :
>>
>> Run()
>> {
>> While(true){
>> Get starttimestamp()
>> Get endtimestamp()
>> CopyTable.main(arg)
>> Thread.sleep(10*60*1000)
>>
>> }
>>
>> }
>>
>> Please help me in running this as daemon process which will execute in every 10 mins.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>>

>> ________________________________
>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
>> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
>> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
>> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for
viruses and defect.

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.
443.305.9434