hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: scanner deadlock?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:46:26 GMT
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Geoff Hendrey <ghendrey@decarta.com> wrote:
> Do you have any advice on what to look for (or how to sort it) when I do
> lsof or netstat? A glance at it doesn't show any "standouts" but then
> I'm not entirely sure what to look for. I see lots of connections to
> various nodes in the cluster, from any given node, but I suppose that's
> quite normal.

Yeah.  On the slow RS, check who its talking too... take a look at a
few of the nodes referenced.

Check dmesg across your cluster see if any complaining.

>  Ganglia offers no clues either. It's pretty uniform for
> all graphs across all servers.

No anomalies around datanodes?  Spikes or troughs?

Welcome to the joys of distributed computing.  Once you figure whats
going on, you'll be able to enable an alert for the future but
meantime its no fun.

St.Ack