hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase-based MR-job deployment question
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:54:14 GMT
On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Steinmaurer Thomas
<Thomas.Steinmaurer@scch.at> wrote:
> While I can embed the JDBC library with each build of our MR-job, I rather would like
to deploy the JDBC library into HADOOP_HOME/lib, because it is rather static and other MR-jobs
might depend on that as well. The interesting thing is, when working with the Cloudera VMWare,
a reboot after copying the library into HADOOP_HOME/lib helped. So, how are you deploying
your MR-jobs into a real/live cluster without the need to restart something?

A reboot or do you mean a restart of your MR cluster?  Additions to
the HADOOP_HOME/lib directory require a restart for them to show on
the general CLASSPATH.

St.Ack