hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sujee Maniyam <su...@sujee.net>
Subject Re: tutorial : HBase performance testing
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:20:00 GMT
hehe J-D (hopefully first name!)
I agree with your point that pre-splitting the  table can make a big
difference.

Do the later versions of 'PerformanceEvaluation' class has an option to
pre-split the table?   I remember,  when I ran this for the first time,
only one region server is busy until the table split.  But second time
around, all the region-servers were hit with requests.
I just peeked at the code for this class, and it does NOT truncate the
table.  So subsequent runs benefit from split tables already.  And it looks
like it is overriding the rows.

** So I will mention this, and say to ignore the first run and only measure
subsequent runs.  what do you think? **

thanks for your feedback.
Sujee
http://sujee.net