hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Steinmaurer Thomas" <Thomas.Steinmau...@scch.at>
Subject RE: HBase-based MR-job deployment question
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 06:03:23 GMT
Thanks St.Ack and Jean-Daniel.

Regards
Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Stack
Sent: Montag, 26. September 2011 18:54
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: HBase-based MR-job deployment question

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Steinmaurer Thomas
<Thomas.Steinmaurer@scch.at> wrote:
> While I can embed the JDBC library with each build of our MR-job, I
rather would like to deploy the JDBC library into HADOOP_HOME/lib,
because it is rather static and other MR-jobs might depend on that as
well. The interesting thing is, when working with the Cloudera VMWare, a
reboot after copying the library into HADOOP_HOME/lib helped. So, how
are you deploying your MR-jobs into a real/live cluster without the need
to restart something?

A reboot or do you mean a restart of your MR cluster?  Additions to the
HADOOP_HOME/lib directory require a restart for them to show on the
general CLASSPATH.

St.Ack