hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 04:22:36 GMT
Hi Ben,
Comment the line 127.0.1.1 in /etc/hosts file.
But I will suggest that you properly specify the hostname and IP in your hosts file and do
not resolve with loopback address (127.0.0.1) because this will give trouble when you will
setup distributed mode.

Regards
Stuti

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben West [mailto:bwsithspawn00@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:14 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException

Hey Stuti,
I am attaching my log file - I think you are right, this may be a DNS issue. It seems like
it's binding to 127.0.1.1 instead of 127.0.0.1, which the client can't connect to.How do I
fix this? I think my normal dns is working fine:
ben@ben-desktop2 /u/l/hbase-0.90.4> nslookup localhost
Server:		192.168.1.254
Address:	192.168.1.254#53 Name:	localhost.gateway.2wire.net
Address: 127.0.0.1
-Ben
----
Hi Ben,
Check Hbase logs at location ${HBASE_HOME}/logs . There you will find the cause for this.
Also recheck your configuration files as well make sure that your machine DNS resolve the
host properly. -Stuti -----Original Message-----