hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Hbase : Failed setting up proxy interface
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:42:37 GMT
Hi Guys,
Issue is resolved, I exported poxy with username and password and it worked fine

-Stuti

From: Stuti Awasthi
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:44 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Hbase : Failed setting up proxy interface

Hi,
I have 3 nodes cluster. Each hostname resolve to IP correctly . Each machine is able to ping
each other as well as passwordless SSH is also working fine.
I wanted to start regionserver on all 3 machines so I updated conf/regionserver file with
hostname of different machine.
Firewall is off in each machine.

Cluster Config:
Master Machine  : master
Slave Machine :      slave
      slave2

When Hbase master try to start daemons on slave2 machine, it shows up error and then shuts
down :

Error :
2011-09-21 16:35:57,444 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager: New connection
to slave2,60020,1316600151864
2011-09-21 16:35:57,445 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /10.33.100.74:60020
could not be reached after 1 tries, giving up.
2011-09-21 16:35:57,445 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.AssignmentManager: Failed assignment
of testreplication,,1316167978748.34a750440de259a5c5c919ab9930f874. to serverName=slave2,60020,1316600151864,
load=(requests=0, regions=0, usedHeap=22, maxHeap=995), trying to assign elsewhere instead;
retry=0
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed setting up proxy interface
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface to /10.33.100.74:60020 after attempts=1
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.waitForProxy(HBaseRPC.java:355)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getHRegionConnection(HConnectionManager.java:957)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager.getServerConnection(ServerManager.java:618)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager.sendRegionOpen(ServerManager.java:553)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.AssignmentManager.assign(AssignmentManager.java:931)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.AssignmentManager.assign(AssignmentManager.java:746)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.AssignmentManager.assign(AssignmentManager.java:726)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.handler.ClosedRegionHandler.process(ClosedRegionHandler.java:92)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:156)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

>From the logs it shows that its proxy issue , but since the slave2  is in same network
as with slave, master Im not sure why it is happening.

Any pointers will be good.
Thanks

-Stuti

::DISCLAIMER::