hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 03:56:56 GMT
Hi Ben,
Check Hbase logs at location ${HBASE_HOME}/logs . There you will find the cause for this.
Also recheck your configuration files as well make sure that your machine DNS resolve the
host properly.

-Stuti

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben West [mailto:bwsithspawn00@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 3:27 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException

Hey All,

I'm following the quickstart guide (http://hbase.apache.org/quickstart.html). I downloaded
the tar, unzipped and started just fine. But when I try to move on to the next step, I get:

~/S/h/h/bin> ./hbase shell
HBase Shell; enter 'help<RETURN>' for list of supported commands.
Type "exit<RETURN>" to leave the HBase Shell Version 0.90.4, r1150278, Sun Jul 24 15:53:29
PDT 2011

hbase(main):001:0> create 'test', 'cf'

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException:
Timed out (10000ms)

I ran the script to stop hbase, and it's been working for about 15 minutes with no sign of
progress.

Any idea what's going on? There are no files in .logs. Since it's a standalone installation,
I'm not sure how it could fail to contact some regions.

Thanks!
-Ben

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.