hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Issues in Scheduling CopyTable from java.
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 05:30:32 GMT
Hi Jean,

I can cron it but I wanted to do something similar as we run other Hadoop daemons as Namenode,
datanode etc. Wondering if we can get this working programmatically.
Any suggestions

Thanks
-----Original Message-----
From: jdcryans@gmail.com [mailto:jdcryans@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jean-Daniel Cryans
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 4:27 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issues in Scheduling CopyTable from java.

Why not just cron it?

J-D

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> I wanted to write a scheduler which will take backup of Hbase tables by timestamp using
CopyTable utility. I created a thread which will get timestamp range required and call CopyTable.main(arg).
Then I keep this thread on sleep for 10 mins. I wanted this to be executed after every 10
mins but actually after calling CopyTable first time, it executed MR job and then exit. The
process is not going back to the calling thread and wait for 10 mins and then again execute
CopyTable.

> Code Structure :
>
> Run()
> {
> While(true){
> Get starttimestamp()
> Get endtimestamp()
> CopyTable.main(arg)
> Thread.sleep(10*60*1000)
>
> }
>
> }
>
> Please help me in running this as daemon process which will execute in every 10 mins.
>
> Thanks & Regards

> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify
the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses
and defect.