hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Issues in Scheduling CopyTable from java.
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 06:08:03 GMT
Hi Friends,
I wanted to write a scheduler which will take backup of Hbase tables by timestamp using CopyTable
utility. I created a thread which will get timestamp range required and call CopyTable.main(arg).
Then I keep this thread on sleep for 10 mins. I wanted this to be executed after every 10
mins but actually after calling CopyTable first time, it executed MR job and then exit. The
process is not going back to the calling thread and wait for 10 mins and then again execute
CopyTable.

Code Structure :

Run()
{
While(true){
Get starttimestamp()
Get endtimestamp()
CopyTable.main(arg)
Thread.sleep(10*60*1000)

}

}

Please help me in running this as daemon process which will execute in every 10 mins.

Thanks & Regards

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
opinions presented in