hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Access Hbase server using Eclipse
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:57:48 GMT
Hi Harsh,

Thanks for the pointers. I added " hbase.zookeeper.quorum " and it is working now.
Thanks :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:06 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Access Hbase server using Eclipse

Ah well, I just answered looking at your snippet and result - sorry.

You require to set this property for proper ZK hosts discovery:
hbase.zookeeper.quorum

Note: You can also place a directory containing configured hadoop *-site.xmls, zoo.cfg and
hbase-site.xml onto your classpath to have
HBaseConfiguration() read them up. Adding the file directly on classpath won't help, it needs
to be a directory with the file under it afaik.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Harsh-
> I can access HDFS directly from eclipse using "fs.default.name" but I want to create
a connection with Hbase so that I can perform Hbase specific task eg create table etc from
my eclipse directly.

> I tried copying hbase-site.xml to my eclipse directory but still getting the error :
>
> Error :
>
> 11/09/07 17:54:39 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection
> to server localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:2181
> 11/09/07 17:54:39 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server
> null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
> reconnect
> java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol
> family: connect
>        at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:500)
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.startConnect(ClientCnxn.jav
> a:1050)
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1077)
> 11/09/07 17:54:40 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection
> to server localhost/127.0.0.1:2181
> 11/09/07 17:54:41 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server
> null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
> reconnect
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1119)
> 11/09/07 17:54:42 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection
> to server localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:2181
> 11/09/07 17:54:42 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server
> null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
> reconnect

prop is HBase-specific and wouldn't apply to hadoop common/hdfs elements directly.

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have Hbase server on distant machine. I want to test my java code through my eclipse.
So to achieve this I created Hbase connection :

>> Code is :
>>                     public static HBaseConfiguration conf = new
>> HBaseConfiguration();
>>  conf.set("hbase.rootdir", "hdfs://<HBASE_SERVER_IP>:54310/hbase");
>>        FileSystem dfs = FileSystem.get(conf);
>>        String home= dfs.getHomeDirectory().toString();
>>        System.out.println(home);
>>
>> I get the  output "file:/C:/Users/stutiawasthi", which is my windows home directory.
How to establish connection with remote Hbase server ?

>> Thanks & Regards
>> Stuti Awasthi
>>

>> ________________________________
>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>> -
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
>> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
>> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
>> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for
viruses and defect.

--
Harsh J