hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject how to use different directory in HDFS
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:04:59 GMT
Hi Friends,

I have Hadoop and Hbase cluster in distributed mode. I am using thrift interface to access
Hbase from Ruby.

Hbase root dir url is :
hdfs://<master_host_name>:54310/hbase

Now I want my different ruby applications should use same cluster to store data.
Currently all the tables are created under /hbase/<tablename>. I want different projects
to have different directory inside which they can create their own specific table so that
each project have unique table identity.

Eg :
For project A : /hbase/A/<Table1>
For project B: /hbase/B/<Table1>

Ruby projects connect to Hbase via thrift server which same as HDFSMaster server. So I just
provide server IP and thrift port. Tables are automatically getting created inside /hbase
directory.

Is anyone have idea how to achieve this ?

Thanks
Stuti Awasthi

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.