hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Should I use HBASE?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:09:13 GMT
Hi,

I'd guess that you could relatively easily write something that writes that much data into
your RDBMS and see how writes start behaving over time and how fast reads are after you are
done with all writes.
Over at Sematext we have this thing called Scalable Performance Monitoring [1] service and
we chose HBase to store all performance metrics, but we keep a LOT of data (points).

[1] http://sematext.com/spm/index.html

Not coincidentally, we also have HBase-specific monitoring and reports there.

Otis