hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about HBase Cluster Replication
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 16:51:01 GMT
Hallo Jens,

yes, you can use the slave cluster for read-only queries (but be aware that the replication
is asynchronous, which means the slave can be behind).
Beyond setting up replication there is no other setup needed for this.

We (Salesforce.com) might be adding code to supporting multiple slaves, but it is not clear
when we'll get to that, yet.

-- Lars

________________________________
From: Jens Hartung <hbase@jens-hartung.de>
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:46 AM
Subject: Question about HBase Cluster Replication

Hello everyone,

I have to evaluate HBase for a university project. Therefore I read the cluster replication
document on HBase main site ( http://hbase.apache.org/replication.html ).

According to the missing feature, there can be only one slave cluster currently. Can the slave
cluster be used for read only-access (eg. for load-balancing cases)? When yes, how I have
to configure the clusters?

Greetings, Jens