hbase-user mailing list archives

From highpointe <highpoint...@gmail.com>
Subject Real time dynamic data and hbase
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 06:29:42 GMT
We are attempting to build what is akin to a CRM (but not).

Our backend is an interface in which clients can control the variables of their assets offering;
the variables of the template they use act as the over call on the Db.

Within the UI, they have the ability to set thresholds for variables (once reached the variable
is ejected and in essence a completely new template is created).

The variables can change rapidly throughout the day so speed on updates and being able to
always have the latest template data sets on the front end (as simple search engine) is a
priority.

I have gone through numerous schema in my head but cannot seem to figure our the automating
of the process of expiring data and introducing new variables on the fly without a complete
reindex of the table.

Any help with architecture ideas would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

H-p

Sent from my iPhone