hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jimson K. James" <jimson.ja...@nestgroup.net>
Subject RE: schema help
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:26:05 GMT
Something close, hbase.regionserver.requests

-----Original Message-----
From: Jimson K. James [mailto:jimson.james@nestgroup.net]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 12:47 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: schema help

Hi Sonal,

Not really a cache hit ratio. I'll explain.
Let's assume we have 3 regions distributed over 3 region servers.

If we read a key/value, can we say regionserver 1 being the owner of
that key/value got a hit?
If we then read 10 more keys, of those first 5 hit region server 2,
being the owner of those keys, the hit count of that region is 5 while
the hit count of region 1 is still 1.