hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mayuresh <mayuresh.kshirsa...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 06:26:18 GMT
I was able to solve the issue by setting the appropriate system limits in
the system files. I dont remember the file name right now, but you can find
that in the hbase setup docs and restart the machine once. I set it on all
the master and the slaves.
On Aug 14, 2011 9:00 AM, "Stuti Awasthi" <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends ,
>
> Any thoughts over this issue ?

tutorial. But facing issues in creating the table :

> Below is the error on Hbase shell :
>
> hbase(main):001:0> create 'test','cf'
>
> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able
to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be
a sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default).
Consider inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure
you are reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc
for more information.

> Here is some help for this command:
> Create table; pass table name, a dictionary of specifications per
> column family, and optionally a dictionary of table configuration.
> Dictionaries are described below in the GENERAL NOTES section.
> Examples:
>
> hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 5}
> hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1'}, {NAME => 'f2'}, {NAME => 'f3'}
> hbase> # The above in shorthand would be the following:
> hbase> create 't1', 'f1', 'f2', 'f3'
> hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 1, TTL => 2592000,
BLOCKCACHE => true}

> Contents of my /etc/hosts :
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> <IP> localhost
>
> Contents of hbase-site.xml :
>
> <configuration>
> <property>
> <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
> <value>/opt/Hbase/hbase-root1</value>
> </property>
> </configuration>
>
> Please Help
>
> Stuti

> ::DISCLAIMER::

intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any mail and