hbase-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Hatier <laurent.hat...@gmail.com>
Subject Mongo vs HBase
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:02:17 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to know why MongoDB is faster than HBase to select items.
I explain my case :
I've inserted 4'000'000 lines into HBase and MongoDB and i must calculate
the geolocation with the IP. I calculate a Long number with the IP and i go
to find it into the 4'000'000 lines.
it's take 5 ms to select the right row with Mongo instead of HBase takes 5
seconds.
I think that the reason is the method : cur.limit(1) with MongoDB but is
there no function like this with HBase ?

--
Laurent HATIER
Étudiant en 2e année du Cycle Ingénieur à l'EISTI