hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Holmes <grep.a...@gmail.com>
Subject About puppet and fabric (WAS: operational overhead for HBase)
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:42:28 GMT
Hi,

On thread "operational overhead for HBase", J-D gave out some
interesting insights into automated deployments:

  " - Have tools to automate cluster maintenance, such as doing
rolling upgrades. We use Puppet and Fabric[2]."

I'm currently evaluating the use of Puppet for Hadoop/HBase automated
deploys and Fabric looks a lot simpler and more descriptive.  I'm
curious how well Fabric would work in its own right without Puppet for
automate installs?

Apologies if this isn't 100% related to HBase.

Cheers,
Alex